Take Your WiFi Investment Very Seriously
We occasionally have customers reaching out seeking the cheapest and most affordable way to introduce or upgrade an old network that needs attention. In 2019, this can be a problematic, dangerous approach. We typically work to educate these customers about the importance of quality wifi network infrastructure and hope that they learn the easy way why this is very important. There are a few facets to this...
Why for Businesses?
For the business owner, IT Manager, or System Integrators the challenge is working to be cost effective while also providing the operation with a system that is designed to fit with their business requirements whether they will use it for staff, inventory management (barcode scanning tasks), or to support other equipment at the facility that has been designed to function optimally when connected wirelessly. This trend continues to snowball from what started with network printers and VOIP technology and has extended to a wide variety of other technologies. Some of which may only have the option to connect using wifi as the primary connection to the network for functionality. Suspect wifi performance will only hinder the additional money that's been spent on these other technologies, increasing time for troubleshooting and problem solving ten fold.
Why for the Hospitality Industry?
Well, we hope that this one is obviously to most readers, but there's still many learning what "great wifi" is versus what they may or may not have experience with. WiFi quickly become the determining factor for most guests when making a choice for accommodations that would facilitate having it available. Visitors no longer accept just using up their personal data via their cellular accounts and have high expectations. Keeping this in mind, cutting corners to save what money will be quickly lost losing guests to do the minimal possible to provide guest wifi becomes a very dangerous approach. If you're in the hospitality industry and provide guest wifi, it should be a top priority to provide very service!
If you don't take wifi seriously, what's the outcome?
We've covered this somewhat already, but the outcomes are varying depending on the intended use of wifi. However, business rely on it for productivity, functionality, and security in many cases whether it's for inventory management, order production, VOIP technology, or IP surveillance. Putting bad fuel in the engine that drives these technologies will hit the bottom line eventually, especially as a greater need for quality wifi continues to grow.
With guest wifi, the impact is much greater. Offering poor wifi and luring guests with it will result in poor reviews and lower visitor retention. The internet has become too powerful to hide from this and the eventual end result will be detrimental to profits. Enough said!
How can you achieve great wifi connectivity?
1. Make sure you internet service can support your client usage at the peak time of usage
2. Don't try to use off the shelf products that are both cumbersome to configure and design properly. There are many examples of this, but if an "enterprise grade" access point is less than $300, it's not likely a good choice
3. Ask about proper design for the system and understand the steps to having this created. Just picking where equipment goes (especially with outdoor and larger facilities) is not recommended
4. Ask about guarantees for coverage assurance to provide you with confidence it will perform as you expected
5. Learn about what hardware is available and what it does versus competitive options
6. Work with us as we have extensive experience with all applications for high performance wifi
We hope you don't have to re-invest in a subpar system and would love to help you avoid such an experience!